A cookie is:
Cookies are small text files sent to the terminal of the visitor accessing the website, where they are stored for being retransmitted to the site on subsequent accesses by the same visitor. A cookie cannot collect any other data installed on the user’s hard disk nor transmit computer viruses. Each cookie is unique for the user’s Web browser. Certain functions of cookies can be assigned to other technologies. Throughout this document, “cookie” refers to cookies strictly speaking and to all similar technologies.
More specifically, cookies are text files downloaded to the user’s computer by the Site to enable the website to analyse how it is used by users, or to speed up certain consulting operations by the user.
Technical cookies The Data Protection Authority defines “technical” cookies those relative to:
- 1. activities strictly necessary to the operation of the website and/or requested service;
- 2. saving of preferences (e.g. products inserted in the trolley, setting of the navigation language, currency, purchase method, etc.);
- 3. statistical activities, provided that the data is used directly by the site administrator and only if in aggregate form, namely not individually (e.g. visit counters per country managed internally by the site).
The Data Protection Authority defines “profiling” cookies those:
1.relative to advertising profiling, namely that collect and process the data of users for advertising reasons (e.g. to transmit them to advertising media owners);
2.involving targeting activities, consisting in online advertising systems selected on the basis of the user’s previous actions or Web searches (e.g. Google AdWords);
3.set by social networks;
4.relative to statistical activities managed by third parties (e.g. Google Analytics).
More detailed information can be obtained on the nature and aims of cookies at the website https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie, as well as on other similar Internet pages.
Set the browser to accept all cookies or to be notified whenever a cookie is offered and decide whether to accept or refuse it.
Deactivating a cookie
All browsers available to the user allow for deactivating cookies through a specific procedure. The current configurations for monitoring and, if necessary, deactivating cookies are specified below (unless the browsers have made any changes):
If Internet Explorer is used:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select “Internet Options” under the “Tools” menu
- Click on the “Privacy” tab and shift the selection cursor to the desired privacy level (upwards to block all cookies or downwards to allow them all)
If Mozilla Firefox is used:
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- From the menu on the top right-hand side, select “Tools” then “Options”
- Select the “Privacy and security” tab
- Select “Use custom settings for history” under “History”
- Remove the tick from the “Accept cookies from sites” option and save
If Google Chrome is used:
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the “Tools” icon
- Choose “Settings” then “Show advanced settings”
- Select “Content settings” under “Privacy”
- Under “Cookies” it is possible to deselect cookies and save the preferences
If Safari is used:
- Open Safari
- Select “Preferences” from the tool bar then the “Security” panel in the next dialogue window
- In the “Accept cookies” section it is possible to specify if and when Safari must save cookies from websites
- For further information on the cookies stored, click on “Show cookies”
Description of the cookies in the Site
|euCookie||Memorises consent (if given) to the use of the website’s cookies.||1 month||Functionality cookie|
|viewed_cookie_policy||Visualisation of the cookie banner||1 month||Technical functionality cookie|
|_icl_current_language||This cookie is used to remember your navigation language.||Session||Technical functionality cookie|
|wordPress test cookie||Check dei Cookie su WordPress||Sessione||Technical functionality cookie|
|wp-settings||Allows for optimised viewing of the WordPress website and use by the administrator.||1 year||Technical functionality cookie|
|wp-settings-time||Allows for optimised viewing of the WordPress website and use by the administrator.||1 year||Technical functionality cookie|
|wp_woocommerce_session||WordPress WooCommerce session cookie. Monitoring of the current purchasing session.||48 hours||Technical functionality cookie|
|yith_ywraq_session||YITH Woocommerce Request A Quote. Session monitoring.||48 hours||Technical functionality cookie|